Thursday, April 22, 2010

Raffle Tickets, Fees & No Sucking

One of those mornings again.
I washed the whites, pulled them out to put them in the dryer, only to discover I no longer have white clothes. I have Pink clothes. With bright pink spots all over them. ERRRGGGG!
Apparently, when we went to the kids school the other night for Pizza Night and a raffle drawing, the 50 omg yes I said 50 raffle tickets were still in the pocket of my white shorts. You know the kind, you fill out one ticket, then separate them, so you have a copy of your number? I had put all the losing they all were losing tickets in my pocket. I even told myself to remember to take them out.
I didn't.
Now my shorts are pink with pink splotches. Hubbys socks are pink. Hubbys underwear is pink. And they are not only just pinkish, but where the tickets stuck on the clothes, there are bright pink spots. So pink with bright pink polka dots.
I am currently rewashing them in lots of bleach. I also divided the loads into 3 smaller loads, so that they get more bleach and baking soda on them.
What a Great thing to do on Earth Day! 3 extra loads of laundry!

In other news, my 18 year old just texted me.
"Mom, yearbooks are on sale till tomorrow for only $75. Next week they go up to $90."
So I am expected to pull $75 out of my wallet by tomorrow. Only problem is my wallet doesn't have $75 in it. It doesn't even have $1 in it. But if I don't find a way to magically make it appear, then after tomorrow I will have to find not only $75 but $15 eXtra dollars.
Senior year is seriously breaking the bank.
Prom dress was $324. Prom tickets are $90.
Senior Fees for all the little things like Senior Picnic, and Senior Ditch Day, and Senior Dinner, and Senior Whatever the Hell Else, have added up to over several hundred dollars.
Not to mention Cap and Gown and Class Ring and Graduation Announcements, and a Graduation Party since her dads entire family is flying out for it.
Plus fees because she is in a Culinary Class and when she makes a recipe for a grade, you have to make it for 25 kids.
ACT costs $40. And she took it twice because she wasn't happy with her first grade. She didn't fail, but she didn't do well enough to qualify for the scholarship she wanted.
Are you getting the picture here?
She drives now, so there is the new added cost of gas.
I think someone will be getting a Summer Job as soon as school is out.

Oh, and my vacuum is NOT sucking. I vacuum alot and for years I bought cheap vacuums, and then I get disappointed when they don't pick up all the dirt and sand that we drag in. Plus they spew out more dust than what I think they are picking up. I toss them after a year or two, and go buy another cheap one.
Last year, I was using yet another cheap one, and it was spewing so much dust that my oldest son was coughing. He has asthma as it is, and that can NOT be good for him.
I got online and spent hours and hours researching types of GOOD expensive vacuums.
I finally decided on Dyson. A Dyson Animal since we have cats.
When it arrived we vacuumed the living room with our old one really well. Then we vacuumed over it with the new Dyson. OMG! The canister filled up more than a quarter full! EWWW! I had been letting my kids crawl around in all that sand and dirt and put their toys down on it and pick them up and put them in their mouths?
I immediately fell in love with the Dyson.
I babied it. I never let the canister get too full. I even vacuum my vacuum. What? I take Hubbys Shop Vac and blow out all the extra dust and dirt that accumulate on the inside of the vacuum. I do this 2 or 3 times a month. My Dyson is probably the cleanest vacuum that anyone has.
Yet its broke now. Why? Well, because of its wonderful strong suction, sometimes I accidentally vacuum up things I don't mean to. Like kids' toys when I am using the hose and running it along the underside of the couch, toys that I didn't even know were under the couch will coming flying
right into before I can stop it. Thats what happened last time I vacuumed. Something flew in there, I don't even know what kind of scary huh? I knew immediately because the vacuum stopped sucking.
I had Hubby take it apart and look for the clog. Couldn't find it. So he took more of it apart. Couldn't find it. I mean theres only so many places for this thing to go right? Apparently not.
He put it back together and said ok, it works.
Nope.
I can't even get it to pick up a hairball.
So, Hubby is going to have to take it all apart even further, did I mention he is out of town for 2 days? or I am going to have to send it to Dyson for them to figure out where the clog is.
Which means, I have NO vacuum right now!
I hate dirty floors.
With 7 of us, the floors get dirty in just one day. It has been 4 days.
Alot of the house is tile, but I have a large area rug in the family room. I may just roll it up and
take it outside. I'd rather them play on clean tile than dirty rugs.

Boy is this a post of complaints or what?

Sorry about that. I will have to try and find something happy today to counter the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment