Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh So Stuffed

Stuffed to the max today!
Our power went out. The "powers that be" around here are not very good at keeping the power going for some reason.
Since hubby and I had to go out anyway, we went out to lunch.
A new Chinese place opened near our grocery store, so we decided to check it out.
We walk in, and there are 3 others there. The waitress takes us to our seat then asks for our drink orders.
Hot tea for me, water with lemon for hubby, and sprite for the littlest one.
Then she leaves, comes back with our drinks and leaves again.
Wheres the menu? so after sitting there for a min just staring at each other we finally see the waitress again.
'umm, can we have a menu please?'
she says ok, goes and gets us one,
then leaves, but as she walks away she goes, 'this is also a buffet'.
Oh.
We didnt know that because the buffet is not out in the middle or really noticable.
duh.
we look stupid.
oh well.
We decide on the buffet.
Oh man, WHY????
I LOVE buffets. toooooooo much.
I get a taste of everything. And I mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
Hubby gets all his fav and tries a few new items.
Everything was delicious.
I ate most of my plate, then went back for seconds on my favs.
Oh man. Stuffed am I!
THEN I went grocery shopping.
Ugh. Walking around a grocery store when your belly is hanging over your pants and you feel so bloated like a bowling ball with legs, is never a good idea.
I never buy much of anything when I am full and shopping.
I bought all that was on my list, because thank god I had made a dinner list this morning.
but I bought nothing else. Nothing FUN for us to snack on, or for desserts.
Yet somehow I still spent 250. how the heck does that happen?
One shopping cart and 35 in coupons, plus the on sale items I saved 108. Yet spent 250.
Our grocery store is way to expensive. Milk for crying out loud is 3.09!
In my old state of AZ it is 1.69. Usually on sale for 2 for 3. Everything here is just so much more.
Refried beans are 2. At home they are .99. those are just 2 items that I always buy as staples, so I defintely know the cost.
So now I am broke and stuffed. but I need to fix the kids dinner.
Tonight is smoked sausage, fried aspargus, and carmalized onion and mushroom orzo.
I bet it will taste wonderful when I am unstuffed at 10pm.

1 comment:

  1. hi there
    I love your blog, I was wondering if I can link it to my blog? I am a non-native English teacher and have set up the blog for my students!
    cheers
    Mahsa

    ReplyDelete