Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Poached Egg Salad!!! I Mean Exercise

I am trying to get healthier. I actually bought a treadmill last week. On Craigslist of course, because there is no way that I am paying full price for something I should use, but know myself and may not.
Geez thats so bad. I know I need to start walking more. Living here, it gets way too hot in the summer to walk or jog. A treadmill makes perfect sense. I can watch Rachael Ray that I DVR'd earlier, and walk the entire show. 45 mins!
I should be doing that right now instead of sitting here blogging about how I should be exercising. But I just ate a big salad for breakfast. Yes, breakfast. It had poached eggs on it, so it can be considered breakfast. I put tons of stuff on my salad. Romaine lettuce, freshly shredded carrots, radish, onion, green scallions, tomato, cucumber, chopped mushrooms, fresh basil, rosemary, parsley, my homemade mustard vinegrette dressing, and 2 poached eggs. Which by the way, I have totally perfected! Now that I know the secret of adding a splash of vinegar and swirling it before putting the egg in it, I have beautiful poached eggs.
Oh wait, this post was supposed to be about me exercising wasnt it?
Well, after all that big salad, I am too full to go for a 2 or 3 mile walk right now.
Give me, oh, half an hour? An hour?
I will do it.
I did it yesterday! I walked/jogged 1 mile. Woohoo!
I know, oh boy, 1 whole mile. You go girl. But since it was the first time in 4 long months that I have done that, it felt good. I only burned 127 calories tho. Thats probably the amount of calories in my little bit of vinegrette, and the eggs are what? 80 calories each? So I wont even burn off what I just ate, if I go only 1 mile. I will try today for the entire time that RR is on. Except for the commercials of course since I FF thru them.
But the whole point is I am starting up again! Yay me! I deserve to feel good AND look good.
I just have to get up off my bum so I CAN look and feel good.
I will...
Soon...
Half an Hour.
One hour at most.
After my nap that I am going to take now.
Really! I will exercise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment