Monday, April 19, 2010

No Tooth, Just Cat Pee and Deep Breaths

Today has already been one of those days where you just think, 'already? Its only 10am!'

My youngest son swallowed his very first loose tooth this morning during breakfast. He doesn't even get the joy of hiding it under his pillow for Miss ToothFairy to visit. Of course she still will because we told him that once a tooth comes out she automatically knows. We will write her a note so she knows why she wont be able to take his tooth home. He liked that idea, and yes, he has a whole mouthful of future teeth to hide. I'm bummed about it because it was his first tooth! Silly, I know. But I secretly keep my kids baby teeth in a little plastic tooth. I guess I am feeling it as my loss. Must be a 'mommy' thing. I will just have to suck it up and be as OK with it as he is.

The other thing that happened, school called at 9am and my oldest son was having breathing issues. So we had to rush up to the school and pick him up. Brought him home to give him a treatment only to realize that the breathing machine was in our car, that our oldest has at her school. We should know better than to leave that in there. But, we have a bad excuse I know, we stayed at a hotel over spring break, brought the machine with us, and then proceeded to leave it in the trunk. So son is struggling to breathe and we are driving over to the school to get the machine. Then rushing back to give him his treatment.

After his treatment, he feels so much better Thank you! I walked into my living room and immediately knew it smelled bad. One of our 4 cats I am sure I know which one but can't prove it since you cant beat all 4 PEED on our couch. Cat PEE! That has got to be one of the worst smelling things and also the most hardest to clean up. Plus, no matter how much enzyme spray I use, I will forever get a whiff of it.
I love those cats, but really really dislike when they do this. And why?? Hubby cleaned all 3 boxes last night. He cleans them every day to every other day. There is NO reason at all for them to do this. Except that I think one is mad because I do not let him outside. He got out several times and now he thinks he should be an outdoor mouse, lizard killer cat. He is neutered and all, but still thinks the big outdoor world is better than our house. He is declawed so he can't protect himself if he needed to. But if he keeps this up, see I am really thinking it is him I might just kick him out. I refuse to live in a house full of cat pee smell! YUCK!

See, its only 10am and I have already had enough stress to last me the rest of the day.
But I know better than to say "what else could happen" because I know there are plenty that of bad things that could still happen.

So I am going to finally make some tea and eat some breakfast read the paper and keep an eye on my son.

Today WILL get better. I'm an optimist!

No comments:

Post a Comment